Monday, July 15, 2013

New Project - 'Working Holiday' cover art

The last few weeks have been very hectic - but let's not get into that shall we ?

I volunteered for this cover art a few months ago, but haven't had the time to start. It's another old podcast episode that I'm helping to update with some new art. The story is called 'Working Holiday', and it ran on The Dunesteef podcast - which is one of my favourites. It's about a guy going to this alien planet to assasinate their king. It's funnier than it sounds !

Anyway - I've been doing a few sketched of sci-fi rifles over the last week or two, and I've learned that guns are pretty freakign hard to draw. All weird angles and detail which are hard to get perspective right with. In the end I took a picture of my nerf rifle leaning up against my chair at work ( I keep it at work for some stage combat work I do with my year 10's ) :

 Which really helped a lot.

Got the original sketch scanned and then quickly went over it in PS, then did the same with a suitcase :
As always - very rough at this stage - but it'll get better !

No comments: