Sunday, December 29, 2013

BoS Drawing Challenge - #48 Childhood - work in progress

I've been away for a little bit. Christmas holiday. It was fun - and I DID get some drawing done while I was away, which was nice.

I have struggled with #48. I had to poll FaceBook in the end, as I was really struggling with getting something from the theme word. Only three ideas came to me; Bruce Wayne as a child seeing his parents gunned down ( I didn't really want to do ANOTHER Batman themed one quite so soon ), Kvothe from 'Name of the Wind' alone in the woods with his broken lute ( too much of a downer ! ) and Peter, Susan, Edmund and Lucy from the Narnia stories ( I couldn't really get into that idea for some reason ).

My good friend Conrad suggested 'His Dark Materials' - and I settled on the very end of the story, with Lyra sitting on the bench in the Oxford Botanic Garden.

So far I've only got the bench :


Now all I have to do is get Lyra sitting on it ! That'll be along sometime soonish. Big thanks to Conrad for the inspiration !

No comments: